I’m really thrilled to announce our first Masterclass! The date, venue and fantastic line up of Internationally-renowned speakers have been confirmed!
What’s it about?
In this interdisciplinary Masterclass experts in MSK Rehabilitation, Conditioning, Psychology, Nutrition and Research will help us redress the fundamental principles that drive adaptation and thus recovery.
Importantly, we’re not just focussing on the ‘physical’ (though we will cover exercise, dose, strength & conditioning!), we will delve into often overlooked, but hugely important topics that play a significant role in determining rehabilitation outcomes. For example, the very basic applications of Psychology and Nutrition include the achievement of patient buy-in and the provision of adequate and appropriate fuel for tissue remodelling – pretty essential stuff.
And, we’re adopting a Masterclass style to make it more intimate and interactive so you can get the most value from the day.
Sharron Davies MBE
Olympic Champion & Sports Commentator
We’re really excited to be welcoming Sharron Davies MBE as our Keynote!
As well as sharing her stories surrounding her Olympic successes and her battles with injury, Sharron will be telling us about her more recent diagnosis of knee OA and the rehabilitation and innovative treatment strategies she’s successfully used to avoid joint replacement surgery.
An inspiring story and illustration of the potential conservative treatment methods.
Bring your questions for Sharron, she will be taking time out for a Q&A
We are delighted to confirm a great line-up of expert and esteemed speakers including:
- Dr Lewis James, Senior Lecturer in Nutrition at Loughborough University (A World expert in hydration and nutrition)
- Dr Anna Waters, Psychologist & Director at Chimp Management (Heard of the book The Chimp Paradox??)
- Professor Paul Lee, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Sports & Arthroplasty: (Leading cartilage regeneration surgeon and advocate of physiotherapy and conservative methods!)
- Johnny Wilson, Athlete Rebuild & Beyond Pulse:(Formally of Notts County FC and fresh from various high level football sports medicine consultancies)
- Dr Andrea Bailey, RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital: Innovating rehabilitation in the NHS (A jobbing physio, and a [very modest] pioneer in challenging NHS physiotherapy practice!)
- Mike Brownlow, English Institute of Sport & Spire Nottingham:(Among other leading roles, Mike has completed 3 Olympic cycles with Short Track Speed Skating as lead in Physio and Sports Medicine)
- Serena Simmons, Nottingham Trent University & APE Model Psychology: (A ‘stand out from the crowd’ thought leader in psychology and frequently touted by the media)
- AND ME, Dr Claire Minshull, Get Back To Sport & RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital: (Director and Founder of Get Back To Sport, Expert in strength & neuromuscular conditioning strategies)
Who Should Come?
This is for anyone with an interest in rehabilitation, from both sporting and non-sporting contexts. This will be particularly relevant for the following professionals wanting to advance their practice:
– Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors … all rehabilitation professionals
– Psychologists with an interest in rehabilitation
– Strength & Conditioning coaches
– Exercise and fitness professionals involved with prescriptive exercise
– Professionals in the fields of Nutrition and Dietetics
Tickets to the Masterclass are limited and will be issued on a first come, first served basis and are being snapped up, so don’t miss out if you want to come.
Accommodation: We’ve secured a number of rooms at a fantastic rate at the venue if you want to stay over the night before. Click the button below to go to the events page to find out more
Students: We’ve reserved a small percentage of tickets for students at £99. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire, student ID required. Again, be quick as at the time of publishing this 20% of these have already gone.