Strength & Neuromuscular Conditioning for Rehabilitation
A one-day evidence-based masterclass exploring the fundamentals of strength and neuromuscular conditioning within rehabilitation settings. Delivered by Dr Claire Minshull, one of the UK’s most highly respected rehabilitation specialists and founder of Get Back To Sport.
The workshop will cover:
- Components & determinants of neuromuscular function/dysfunction
- The emergency response: rapidly harnessing harmful joint forces
- Understanding strength
- Critical evaluation of the contemporary literature
- Specificity, overload, progression; the principles of resistance training
- Design of rehabilitation to optimise strength gains and neuromuscular function
- Circumventing pain
Who’s it for?
Physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors & MSK rehabilitation professionals. Applicable to both upper- and lower-limb specialists
This workshop aims to expand your knowledge on the detailed aspects of neuromuscular function and the key principles that drive adaptation and thus recovery. You will learn immediately deployable skills and techniques to enhance your clinical rehabilitation practice and the subtle, but important changes that can translate into big gains for your patients. Practical sessions will include programme design and evaluation and assessments.